Melvill House Around Falmouth
- Safe sandy beaches
- Pendennis Castle
- A good selection of shops, restaurants, pubs, Leisure Centre, Arts Centre, boat and fishing trips, golf course, water ski-ing, sailing, wind surfing, scuba diving.
- Excellent coastal walks from the house.
- Falmouth is a good base to explore Cornwall's
- Roseland and Lizard peninsulars.
- Local gardens at Trelissick, Glendurgan and Trebah.
- Further a-field: The Eden Project and Lost Gardens of Heligan are both within an hour's drive.
- Truro city with its magnificent cathedral just a 20 minute drive.
Your hosts have many ideas for trips and visits for all ages:
- Plays at the Minack open air theatre.
- National Maritime Museum Cornwall is a five minute walk from the house.
- Cornish gardens through the seasons.
Melvill House Awards
We have been awarded the prestigious AA 4 Star Accommodation Award which reflects our high standards. So whilst staying in our beautiful old Victorian house hotel with its high ceilings and with its plaster mouldings and period features, you can expect a relaxing and peaceful environment with our home cooked food and quality Cornish breakfasts, you can be sure of a most comfortable holiday at Falmouth in Cornwall. We also are members of 'Visit Cornwall' and 'Visit Falmouth'.